Knoxville, TN 37901
Medical Center is seeking BC/BE cardiovascular surgeon.
- Employed position
- Must be board certified/eligible with 5+ years preferred
- Program will have 2.5 surgeons inclusive of the recruit and is a highly regarded group established over 40 years ago
- CVT surgery is supported by our 32 employed CV providers (all markets refer CVT), as well as many loyal, independent providers
- Accomplished cardiovascular surgery team and dedicated step down unit to serve recovering patients
- Ability to perform Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) required and thoracic surgery capacity preferred.
- Minimally invasive valves (50% aortic/80% mitral)
- Lead Extractions
- Program participates in Society of Thoracic Surgeons’ (STS) national database for quality
- 25% of patients extubated in the OR
- Replacing relocating physician so immediate productive schedule
Employment package may include: -Competitive base salary, plus productivity bonus based on wRVUs -Sign on bonus -Student loan repayment -Relocation -CME and CME allowance -Excellent vacation package -401K and Physician tax advantage retirement plan
In the Knoxville area, with a metropolitan population of about 600, 000, sits in the foothills or the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and is home to the University of Tennessee with Division 1 sports and strong academic programs. Beautiful lakes and parks surround Knoxville, making hiking and water sports readily available. A wonderful symphony orchestra, an art museum, and opera company provide great additions to Knoxville’ s thriving downtown. Our area has top private and public schools and is a wonderful area to live and work!