Emergency Medicine Physician (Program Director)
700 West Oak Street Orlando, FL 32789
Hospital is seeking a Emergency Medicine Program Director to replace an excellent and hardworking Director who will be leaving us for personal reasons. Come be a part of an educational environment conducive to educating residents in each of the ACGME competency areas by thru quality of didactic and clinical education of the residency program. Candidate will replace the leaving physician and pick up where she is leaving it.
Qualifications of an ACGME Emergency Medicine Residency Program Director are:
• Must possess requisite specialty expertise and documented and administrative experience acceptable to the Review Committee
• Have current certification in the specialty by the American Board of Emergency Medicine
• Have current medical licensure
• Has at least three years’ experience as a core faculty member in an ACGME-accredited emergency medicine program
• Maintain active clinical practice in emergency medicine
Our ideal candidate would be someone that meets the above and has:
• A minimum of three years’ experience as a current Program Director or Associate Program Director.
• Produced works of scholarship as evidenced by peer reviewed publications of original research, review articles, textbook chapters as well as presentations at local, regional or national professional or scientific meetings.
• 82, 000 combined annual ED visits: 66, 000 Main ED and 16, 000 Peds ED
• Level II Trauma Center
• Main ED: 55-bed ED and Fast Track Treatment area
• Meditech Documentation EMR
• 9-bed PEDS ED with dedicated staff: 24 hrs of physician coverage
• Stellar subspecialty backup due to trauma designation - trauma surgeons and anesthesia in-house 24/7
Additional certs required: BC/BP EM (ABEM/AOBEM) Residency Trained. Must have active ATLS, BLS, ACLS and PALS. 16 trauma CME' s and 10 stroke CME' s
30 minutes from Orlando. Whatever your lifestyle and your interests, the charms of the area will delight and entertain you. Charmed life: sports, culture, social. Orlando and the South East region feature a mix of communities, from the urban neighborhoods to the suburbs and rural areas of surrounding counties. Attractions such as Disney, Kennedy S pace Center, White Sandy Beaches, Magic basketball, College/Professional football, great shopping and restaurants, cafes and night clubs bring many to the city and the region to visit and to live.