Syracuse, NY 13905
Hospital is seeking a fellowship trained Geriatrician to provide coordination and consultative services for geriatric patients, as well as traditional Internal Medicine services to nursing home patients.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Geriatric consultations and nursing home medical services.
- Provides consultative geriatric medical services for patients referred by the primary care providers or consultants.
- Responsible for the medical care of patients at multiple extended care facilities.
- Supervises the activities of, and assumes responsibility as the collaborating physician, for midlevel providers assigned to assist the physician.
- On call rotation to provide uninterrupted emergency coverage for patients cared for by the call group.
- Participation in the clinical organization to promote the growth and management of the area geriatric nursing home population.
- Participation in the clinical organization and management of the geriatric program at hospital to enhance its quality clinical performance and successful growth.
- Participation in peer review and quality assessment/improvement activities as they relate to the patterns of practice.
- Continuing medical education requirements consistent with state medical society guidelines and hospitals' requirements.
Financial: Competitive salary guarantee supplemented by a RVU-based compensation structure that recognizes the amount of work performed rather than revenue collected. 32 days of PTO per year, CME stipend, malpractice insurance, relocation expenses, full benefit package and all licenses and fees. Facility: - Hospital is a not for profit, full service community hospital - The hospital has over 400 specialists and primary care physicians on its medical staff. Location: - 70 miles from Syracuse, NY - 80 miles from Wilkes Barre, PA - 100 miles to Albany, NY - 150 miles to NYC, NY - Located in the upstate New York - The area boasts school districts that are nationally recognized for excellence, and is the home of highly regarded University. - Recreational opportunities are diverse and include minor ice hockey and baseball teams, a symphony orchestra, an opera company and proximity to many lakes, parks and trails. - The beauty and tranquility of the New York wineries is an hour away. - The area boasts a cost of living that is significantly lower than the New York State metropolitan cities from one to three hours away.