103 Continental Place Tucson, AZ 99999
Hospitalist (peds) needed in the Tucson, AZ area
Medical Center is seeking Board Certified or Board Eligible Pediatric Hospitalists to staff a Pediatric Hospitalist Program located in beautiful Southeast Arizona. This is a full-time, hospital employed position with competitive compensation and full benefits package. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical malpractice; CME; sign-on bonus, and relocation allowance plus additional benefits.
Medical Center has a wide variety of specialties to deliver quality, accessible care to the residents in Southeast Arizona.
Description of Pediatric Hospitalist Services:
7 days on, 7 days off (24 hour schedule) not required to be on site, but must be within 15 minutes of campus while on duty
• Provide physician services to all pediatric inpatients admitted by Physician or any other Group Physician through the Medical Center’ s pediatric hospitalist program;
• Provide physician services to all newborns, including appropriate care as soon as possible following all deliveries and C-Sections, including circumcisions and other minor procedures;
• Attend all C-Sections and other high-risk births for purposes of monitoring fetal health and providing immediate care to the newborns;
• Respond to requests from Emergency Department Physicians for consults or direct patient care of Pediatric Patients in the Emergency Department, including admissions;
• Provide appropriate care of Pediatric Patients awaiting transfer to a NICU or transfer to another hospital for services not available at the Medical Center;
• Provide all other services reasonably required to care for pediatric inpatients, including all newborns, admitted through the Medical Center’ s pediatric hospitalist program; and
• Provide After-Hours Pediatric Hospitalist Services for unassigned Pediatric Patients who present to the Emergency Department for all pediatric inpatients at the Medical Center.
Located in the beautiful high desert of southeastern Arizona. Nestled in the valley 75 miles from Tucson. This town serves as the main commercial, cultural, and recreational hub of the county and offers spectacular mountain views and year-round temperate climate.Outdoor sightseeing and recreational activities are abundant in the area with a variety of state parks, championship golf courses, tennis courts, and over 20 miles of multi-use paths within the city.