6500 Newberry Road Gainesville, FL 32605
Medical Center is seeking to add an outpatient psychiatrist to their dynamic and established Behavioral Health team.
The incoming physician would work in an outpatient setting Monday through Friday form 8 am – 5 pm. Teaching and supervision time of residents would be ½ day per week with a maximum of 4: 1 resident to attending ratio. No call.
This an employed position with a competitive compensation package including salary, benefits and malpractice.
The Behavioral Health Center offers inpatient treatment for adults 18 and older who are experiencing acute illnesses that require 24-hour medical care. We are a Certified Baker Act Receiving Facility that also accepts voluntary patients and direct admissions. Our newly expanded 33-bed unit includes the following –
• Activity areas, group areas and dining areas that emphasize patient safety and well-being and offer open spaces conducive to a therapeutic community
• Treatment that is tailored to each patient with length of stay varying according to treatment needs
• Therapeutic, well-structured daily schedules that encourage patients to develop skills and strategies to reach goals
• Aftercare planning led by trained clinical staff to ensure each patient has an appropriate follow-up plan before leaving our facility
An intensive outpatient program, which is expanding to include partial hospitalization
• ECT Suites for those patients needed inpatient treatment while undergoing ECT
Location: - Gainesville, FL area - Rolling hills, lakes and wetlands are abundant - Within 1 hour of east or west coast beaches - About an hour to Jacksonville, FL